Setting Up Your PinPoint Scheduling Portal
Congrats on signing up for PinPoint Scheduling! We want to make sure you enjoy PinPoint Scheduling, so please follow these steps and you will be off to a great start. Always remember, we are here to help, so if you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or click the blue chat icon at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
1. To make sure all automated notifications have your correct company information, you will want to head over to the "Settings" page. To access the "Settings" page, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and select "Settings". First we will focus on the "Company Details" section. We try to have all the company information filled in for you, but sometimes we don't have all the information available and lets be honest, we are just human, so we could misspell something, so please double check what we enter. The major items here that need to be entered is your company name, website, email, phone number and timezone, as these items will be used for populating information into the automated notifications. After add or updated information, make sure to click on the "Save Company Info" button.
2. Staying on the "Settings" page, scroll down to the next section, "Scheduled Appointment Reminder Settings". These are the times that the SMS automated reminders and Confirmation Calls* will happen. These times are based on the timezone set in the "Company Details" section above, so they will run at the time shown, in your timezone. The default times are 8am for automated SMS appointment reminders and 9am for Confirmation Calls. Set the times that best fit your customer and company needs.
* = If you have Confirmation Calls included in your subscription.
3. Staying on the "Settings" page, scroll down to the next section, "Services Provided". These are the services your company provides and what you will be using when scheduling your appointments. To add a new service, click your mouse were it says "Add a Service", type the service name and hit enter. To remove a service, click the white X to the right of the service name. You are not limited to the quantity of services added. You will select 1 or more of these services when scheduling appointments.
4. Staying on the "Settings" page, scroll down to the next section, "Custom Appointment Fields". These 3 custom appointment fields allow you to further customize your appointment scheduling. These fields can be set to show or not show on the appointment scheduling page and be required to be completed or not. You have full control on the names, so use them to your advantage, if your company needs them. If your company doesn't need them, then we suggest setting all 3 to "No" on the "Custom Field Visible" drop-down.
5. Staying on the "Settings" page, scroll down to the next section, "Calendar Settings". These settings are strictly for your calendar viewing. The first option is "Calendar Default View". Here you can select which calendar you want to see by default. While viewing the calendar, you can still change the view, but it will default back to this setting. The "Calendar Start Time" and "Calendar End Time" are used for setting the time range you want to see on the calendar. My companies just set it to their business hours, but if you have before or after closing tasks, then you can give your calendar a great time span. The default setting is 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
6. If you have the SMS Marketing included in your subscription, please complete this step. Lets move to the "SMS Marketing" page. To access this page, go to the left-hand navigation menu and select the dollar bill icon. We suggest you read over this page, as it will explain how the SMS Marketing works. The one task you will need to complete here is setup an SMS Marketing Keyword. We try to populate one for you, but you may want a different word. If you are fine with the pre-populated word, then you are set. If not, enter your new keyword (where it is highlighted in the image below) and click "Save Keyword".
Congratulations! You have completed the initial setup.
Now it's time to have fun and start exploring what PinPoint Scheduling has to offer!
We have a growing knowledge base of article, so if you ever need assistance, just click on the blue chat icon at the bottom right-hand side of the screen. If you can't find an article, click on Ask and let us know what you need help with! We are always here to help!